48 LESSONS PER YEAR
- Music lessons are based on 48 lessons per year. With 52 weeks in the year, this means we will take 4 weeks off during a calendar year. The calendar for 2019 is posted online on our calendar. In 2020, we will close for spring break (4/6/20 – 4/12/20), summer break (7/2/20 – 7/5/20), Thanksgiving break (11/24/20 – 11/29/20), and Christmas break (12/20/20 – 1/1/21). Please add these dates to your calendar and plan accordingly.
- Students and families can sign up for music lessons and most music classes at any point of the year, including during the middle of a month. We will prorate the weeks remaining in the first month.
TUITION (First Lesson ONLY $10)
- Tuition is based on 48 lessons per year, and is paid on a monthly basis. Most months have 4 lessons per month, but 4 months per year there will be 5 lessons in a month. We take a total of four weeks off during a calendar year (see the Prattland Music Adventures Calendar online, or ask for a hard copy at the front desk).
- If tuition is paid on or before the 1st day of each month, you will receive a discount. (Autopay is recommended as a way to consistently pay by the first of each month.)
- Tuition rates for weekly private lessons
- 30 minute private = $110/month ($100/month if paid by the first of the month)
- 45 minute private = $165/month ($150/month if paid by the first of the month)
- 60 minute private = $220/month ($200/month if paid by the first of the month)
- Prices for single private lessons
- A single 30 minute private lesson = $36/lesson
- A single 45 minute private lesson = $54/lesson
- A single 60 minute private lesson = $72/lesson
- Family discounts = $5 discount for multiple students in the immediate family (down to $90/month for a 30 min. lesson)
- Registration fee = $25.00 per student or $50.00 per family
- Tuition rates for small group classes
- Family Music (15 months – 3.5 years) = $150/semester, including materials*
- Cycle of Seasons (ages 3–5) = $175/semester, including materials*
- Music Makers: At Home in the World (ages 4+) = $195/semester, including materials*
- Music Makers: Around the World (ages 5+) = $200/semester, including materials*
- Music classes for ages 5-12 = $55/month or $210/15-week Semester**
- A minimum of 5 students required for classes to carry
- Group Voice = $90/month ($10 discount if paid 1st of month)
- 2 students = 45 minutes, 3+ students = 60 minutes
- Group Guitar = $90/month ($10 discount if paid 1st of month)
- 2 students = 45 minutes, 3+ students = 60 minutes
- Jazz or rock bands = $225/15-Week Semester (fall & winter)
- String ensembles = $225/15-Week Semester (fall & winter)
- Show choirs = $225/15-Week Semester (fall & winter)
TUITION DUE DATES
- Tuition is due by the first of every month. Parents of students are encouraged to sign up for automatic payments on their debit or credit card.
- If tuition is not paid by the first, students will be removed from the lesson schedule until their balance is paid. Prattland Music Adventures will not guarantee that a student’s lesson time will be available once their balance is paid.
TUITION IS NON-REFUNDABLE
- If a student withdraws in the middle of a month, tuition will not be refunded.
- Tuition is not prorated for student absences (see Student Lesson Cancellation policy below).
- Tuition will not be refunded if a student cancels before the end of a month. However, if proper notice of withdrawal is given, tuition for the next month may be prorated if students are continuing into the next month but unable to receive all of their lessons.
NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL
- Students must let the management of Prattland Music Adventures know IN WRITING that they are withdrawing by the 20th of the preceding month, or tuition for the next month will be charged and not refunded. This allows us the necessary time to fill the teacher’s schedule.
MISSED STUDENT LESSONS & 1-HOUR GROUP MAKE-UP MASTER CLASSES
- A student’s scheduled lesson time will rarely be changed, unless a permanent (ongoing) change is arranged with Prattland Music Adventures management.
- If a student misses a lesson or is absent for their scheduled lesson time, they (the students) are eligible for a 1-hour group make-up master class with a Prattland Music Adventures teacher. The schedule for these group make-up classes is published well in advance. Contact the management for a copy of this schedule.
- If a student misses a private lesson, and wants to attend a 1-hour group make-up master class, they need to contact Prattland Music Adventures management as soon as possible (at least 24 hours prior to the date & time of the class) and ask to be scheduled for a class.
- Tuition is not refunded or prorated for missed private lessons.
- If a teacher is unable to teach a lesson, and they give sufficient notice, Prattland Music Adventures will do their best to schedule a substitute teacher until the regular teacher returns. Students will not be refunded tuition or granted a private make-up lesson if they do not want a substitute teacher.
- If a teacher does not give enough notice of their absence and/or Prattland Music Adventures cannot find a substitute teacher, students will be scheduled for a private make-up lesson when the teacher’s and student’s schedules permit.
- If a teacher does not show up for a lesson, the student will not be charged for that lesson, will be granted a free lesson, and will also be given the option to switch teachers.
STUDIO POLICIES: WAITING AREA
- No food or drink (besides water) is allowed in the waiting area or studios.
- Parents are responsible for monitoring their children and cleaning up any messes they may make in the waiting area.
- Children are not to be left unattended by parents.
- Mothers with babies should always change diapers in the restroom.
USE OF PIANOS, DIGITAL PIANOS, KEYBOARDS, & COMPUTERS
- Computers, pianos, digital pianos, & keyboards are for the use of enrolled students only.
- Absolutely no food or drink is allowed near the computers, pianos, digital pianos, or keyboards.
- Parent observation of lessons is encouraged, especially for young students.
- Parents who observe their child’s lesson should leave other children at home.
TEACHER CONTACT & RELEASING TEACHER CONTACT INFORMATION
- The management, staff, and teachers of Prattland Music Adventures will not release any personal teacher contact information to anyone. If you need to contact your teacher, you may call or email Prattland Music Adventures.
Contact us at 801-376-2276 or Dennis@PrattlandMusic.com or Carla@PrattlandMusic.com